COVID-19 Safety Update
COVID Treatment Consent Forms
We are excited to let you know that we are re-open and will be resuming non-essential and elective dental treatment on June 8, 2020.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. We have been following the Directives from the Ministry of Health and the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario very closely. Our office follows and often exceeds infection control standards set by our governing College and the Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) Branch of Public Health Ontario to ensure that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. Here are some specific changes that you will be seeing when it is time for your next appointment:
- Our office will communicate with you before-hand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again just before your appointment and may have your temperature taken by a team member.
- We will ask that you wear a mask when you arrive for your appointment. If you do not have one, a mask will be provided when you arrive.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. Clear barrier partitions will also be present at the reception desk area.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients. You may be asked to wait in your vehicle until our clinical team is ready to start your scheduled appointment. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will also allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Our team will be equipped with the enhanced personal protective equipment required for everyone’s safety.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you safe in our practice. We remain committed partners in your oral health and recognize that you may need dental care that has been delayed because of the province-wide shut down. To make an appointment, please email us at email@example.com or call us at (905) 842-5051.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Dr. Rafia Piracha and your Team at Dental Works on Cornwall